Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Film in Literature Blog #2

- This wasn't my first time seeing Precious. Although, it was my first time really understanding it. When I watched it the first time, I was between the ages of 11-12. I didn't really understand the whole concept of poverty, child abuse, and rape. Therefore, I only saw the humor in the movie. The funny parts were the only parts I really paid any attention to. It was interesting to feel the contrast in reaction this time. This time, my eyes were opened. I realized that there are a lot of things that go on in this world that we don't pay much attention to unless it has anything to do with us. It also made me realize that sometimes, I can be extremely ungrateful and unappreciative towards my mother. I'm really rude to her sometimes, not realizing that I could have it much worse. The movie truly does make you appreciate the better things in life. Not only family wise, but school and wealth wise as well. The way our school system is set up is way more organized and accepting than the school system in the movie. Although I don't have money to buy everything in the world that I want, I still have money to live better than most. Like I said, this movie was very eye opening and helped me to realize that I need to stop taking advantage of all the better things in life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment